Thermolam is a batting which has great thermal properties for insulating against cold or heat, whilst still being very soft. At 180g per square metre it is classed as a heavyweight compressed synthetic batting, it is 100% PES.
Unlike The Warm Company’s Insul-Bright or Bosals Polytherm - Heat Resistant Wadding, Thermolam can be used in a microwave. This makes it excellent for microwave food bag projects.
It can be used to:
- insulate outerware, such as jackets, whilst still giving freedom of movement
- insulation for post-holders and placements to protects hands and tables
- lining chair and sofa covers
- patchwork and quilting projects, its properties make it ideal for hand quilting
- backing both machine embroidery and hand embroidery (being much finer than bumpf)
Can also be used as an ironing pad (use at least two layers) and as an ironing cover for the protection of sensitive fabrics (pearls, sequins)
WE RECOMMEND TO TEST THE PRODUCTS BEFORE STARTING PROCESSING.